The Association is more than glad to help with your research about your family tree.
We have in the office:
- Providence city directories, some other city directories
- Information about organizations – past and present
- Synagogues – past and present
- Jewish Herald, Jewish Voice, and The Jewish Voice and Herald
- Material about individual members of the Rhode Island Jewish community and many obituaries.
RIJHA charges the following fees:
- First half hour is free.
- Charge of $20 for each additional half hour. Students will be charged $5.00.
- Those coming into the office will be charged $5 the first two hours or $20 for the entire day.
- Photocopying – first 5 pages are free – Each additional page is 25 cents. Archival paper only.
- Members of the Association – first hour free then $10 per hour after that.
- Non-profit organizations working on Jewish education, arts, religion or history will be on a case to case basis.